“Rooted in the Judeo-Christian Tradition of hospitality, service, and dedicated to a mission of love and respect for each individual, the Sisters of Saints Cyril and Methodius along with the staff of Maria Joseph Continuing Care Community off a welcoming and secure environment where the lives of senior adults and their families are enhanced with compassionate and professional care.” We abide by the following:
- Compassionate care
Get an Insight into Our Business
On March 19, 1962, the Sisters of Saints Cyril and Methodius, in keeping with their mission to “reach out in compassion to care for the elderly, the young, the poor, the sick, the lonely, wounded families and immigrants,” first welcomed guests to Maria Joseph Manor in Danville, PA. This 100-bed facility opened on the Feast of Saint Joseph.
The Manor became the new home for some of the residents who had lived with the Sisters at Saint Ann’s in Middletown, PA. It was near Jednota Orphanage where the Sisters served.
It is More Than Just a Home For the Aged
After its inception, more than 50 years ago, Maria Joseph Manor became a caring and welcoming home for all residents with help from the Sisters and staff. People began to refer to Maria Joseph Manor as “The Home With a Heart,” and applications for admission arrived from Pennsylvania and other states where the Sisters taught or ministered.
Soon, the manor filled and applicants had to be turned away. The Sisters recognized the needs of the growing aged population and renovated Maria Joseph Manor. The manor became a personal care facility, and other facilities were built on the campus.
- The Meadows is a facility with 100 independent living cottages and 12 townhouse units.
- Maria Joseph Manor provides personalized care for individuals who are no longer able to live by themselves.
- Emmanuel Center holds a 90-bed skilled nursing and rehabilitation center.
- Nazareth Memory Center is a 24-bed personal care center for residents coping with dementia.
Maria Joseph Continuing Care Community provides memory care, short-term rehab, personal home care, and continuing care to the Danville, PA area.
- Personal Home Care
- Memory Care
- Short-Term Rehab
- Continuing Community Care
- We Care for People
- Faith-Based Facility Sponsor by the Sisters of St. Cyril and Methodius